Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Students see tornado damage first hand | Springs Valley News

The Story
Recently
Students see tornado damage first hand | Springs Valley News
Mar 14th 2012, 17:06

Saturday I went with the FFA and NHS to Marysville,Indiana. When we arrived, I looked out the window of the bus and all I could really see were lots of cars. We parked and started to walk, that is when everything started to set in for me. I looked around, there were houses with no roofs, windows shattered, and siding ripped off.

Our task was to help clean up Gilbert's Farm. All I could see for miles and miles was wood; it looked like a lumber yard had strung every piece of wood they had on this farm. We were all handed a bucket and thanked at least ten times for coming to help. As we began to walk again we were told to make piles and a bigger piece of equipment would pick the piles up (That was not completely true).  We ended up having to ride on the back of trailers and help to make one big pile in the middle of the field. We helped late into the afternoon before leaving.

Overall, it was a very exhausting day, but I felt like I hadknow they appreciate any form of donation they can get.

-Melissa Moffat

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions